X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

Denon 3801

I owned this unit for about 5 days. I sent it back because it didn't have the warm sound that the 3300 has. So, despite the possible heat problem, I kept the 3300. (Had to send the first one back. Talk about frying eggs!!!)

Anyway, my question is this:

There is a debate as to whether the 3801 has a fan. I know the 3300 does. If I look into the back slots of my 3300, where the air exhausts, I can see the ribbed heat sink and the fan housing.

When I looked into the 3801, the heat sinks we slightly modified, and there was a fan housing.

Anyone have a 3801 that would open it and let us know for sure, or has heard the fan turn on?

... Greg
    Gregor
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I own a 3801. I don't care to open it up until I really have to, but I seem to recall reading a post on this fan issue somewhere at another site, and Denon confirmed there is a fan. I have never heard it run in my unit, but the receiver doesn't seem to run all that hot compared to the Yammy 3090 I used to use in my HT.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• GregoriusM
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2000

I think the modified heat sinks made a huge difference in the heat control of the 3801, so that the fan doesn't have to come on for anything but the hardest driven 5.1 movies!!!
      Gregor

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"