X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kpodolski
    • Jun 2006

Sharp LC-60LE640U & HDMI question???

I have a question regarding the above TV with HDMI.

I have six video sources, all with HDMI, hooked up to the Sharp. A ScientificAtlanta cable box, Magnavox HDD recorder, Panasonic DVD-RAM recorder, Onkyo DV-SP1000 dvd player, Pioneer BDP-51FD & a Classe CDP-300. The Sharp has four HDMI inputs so I am using a Monoprice HDMI swith box for a few of the sources.

My issue is this; everything works fine except for the Classe and the Onkyo. No matter how they are connnected to the Sharp (direct or through the Monoprice switcher), I have picture but no sound. They previously worked fine with my 52" Sony LED. Audio to my Classe SSP-600 via digital connections are fine.

I'm thinking that since these are older players, maybe they have an older spec' HDMI that is not totally compatible with the new Sharp????

Any ideas would be appreciated.....
    The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I thought all HDMI were backwards compatible.

If your devices worked previously on your Sony, I don't see why they shouldn't work on your Sharp.

Could it be a bad HDMI connection in the Sharp? A bit of a pain, but did you try all the direct HDMI inputs with your Classe and Onkyo and one of the other devices that provided both sound and audio?
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• kpodolski
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Paul Wu
      I thought all HDMI were backwards compatible.

If your devices worked previously on your Sony, I don't see why they shouldn't work on your Sharp.

Could it be a bad HDMI connection in the Sharp? A bit of a pain, but did you try all the direct HDMI inputs with your Classe and Onkyo and one of the other devices that provided both sound and audio?

Tried using a few different HDMI cables all with the same results. I even emailed Classe for advise but they seemed a little stumped. Truthfully, it's not a big deal. I mainly use the Classe as a CD player and the Onkyo is on its last leg; it doesn't even read SACD's any longer. Been looking for an excuse to buy the new Oppo universal player!
      The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"