X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

9.2 DSX or 10.2 THX

OK I am wondering if any of you have a 9.2 system and what is your opinion when compared with 7.2 or 5.2?

I have been dreaming about the following

- 9 B&W 805 Diamond
    - Two CA-5300

:T
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I may be getting up to 9.1 pretty soon here, but a friend of mine has a 7.1 setup with heights or at least we were experimenting with it and it was quite nice. I think it's an awesome setup for sure.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
      I may be getting up to 9.1 pretty soon here, but a friend of mine has a 7.1 setup with heights or at least we were experimenting with it and it was quite nice. I think it's an awesome setup for sure.
      Please let me know, I would think it should sound quite good as long as the room is properly treated and that the size allow
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Audessey really does a lot for placement and what not when you don't have the most ideal circumstances.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Audessey really does a lot for placement and what not when you don't have the most ideal circumstances.
          Any difference with MultiEQ32

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

My first serious A/V receiver was a Yamaha with height effect channels. It did make for a nice effect, but there are several significant issues to get it done right. My current setup is 7.1, and unless I get rich I don't plan on going 9.1 or DPLIIz.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Well here is a modest system with 9.1 channels

Pioneer:"High quality home audio doesn’t have to break the bank."

9 speakers: SP-FS51-LR Floor Standing Speakers from Pioneer $900

1 Sub : SW8 $150

1 AV receiver: Pioneer VSX-920-K $400

1 BluRay Player: Pioneer BDP-430 $300

Less than $2000 :T

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

XT32 is nice, but really as long as you have XT you should be good.

I'm looking at using those Pioneer speakers as well since they are 199 per pair, and apparently are quite good for the money.

I didn't think that Pioneer receiver did 9.1 though? Think the only 9.1 capable receivers are from Onkyo and Denon last I checked. Yeah just looked it up and that Pioneer only does 7.1. There are quite a few Onkyo's that do 9.1 and of course the 4311 from Denon does up to 11.1 with an outboard 2 channel amp.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

XT32 is nice, but really as long as you have XT you should be good.

I'm looking at using those Pioneer speakers as well since they are 199 per pair, and apparently are quite good for the money.

I didn't think that Pioneer receiver did 9.1 though? Think the only 9.1 capable receivers are from Onkyo and Denon last I checked. Yeah just looked it up and that Pioneer only does 7.1. There are quite a few Onkyo's that do 9.1 and of course the 4311 from Denon does up to 11.1 with an outboard 2 channel amp.
                  Correct just add an other amp

One could go the Emotiva route as well!

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

No I don't think it'll let you do 7.1 + the height channels. I'll read through the manual but pretty sure it won't. It can only do 7.1 TOTAL so either surround backs, OR heights.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

No I don't think it'll let you do 7.1 + the height channels. I'll read through the manual but pretty sure it won't. It can only do 7.1 TOTAL so either surround backs, OR heights.
                      Oh that's too bad

AV Receiver AVR-4311CI & AVR-4810CI
                      9.2 CH Network A/V Receiver. Audyssey DSX enabled for heights and wides.
                      MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Audyssey DSX, Sub EQ HT

AV Receiver TX-NR3008 & TX-NR5008
                      THX Ultra2 Plus Certified 3-D Ready, 9.2 Channel Network Receiver. Audyssey DSX enabled for both Heights and Wides.

DTR-70.2 & DTR-80.2 AV Receiver
                      THX Ultra2 Plus, 4-Zone, 9.2 Channel Network Receiver. Audyssey DSX enabled for Heights or Wides.

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Yeah you can go as low as the 1008 and get 9.2. The Denon like I said will do 11.2 if you use an outboard 2 channel amp.

Comment

• Fishy
                          • Jul 2004

I just wish I had a room big enough to hold a 7.1 setup.

Fish

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Fishy
                            I just wish I had a room big enough to hold a 7.1 setup.

Fish
                            How big is your room! An other way is to have all speakers in wall so they don't take any space in the room. I might try that in a 12 x 11 room

with three front, two side two back and two ceiling

Comment

• Fishy
                              • Jul 2004

Wettou, the room is 12x9. The only problem is over this side of the pond we have solid walls.

Fish

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Fishy
                                Wettou, the room is 12x9. The only problem is over this side of the pond we have solid walls.

Fish
                                Right you actually use material that last more than 40 years Well with earthquakes it is not practical!

You could try on wall speakers look at the new

KEF T series

Definitive Technology

Our obsession to build best-in-class audio products all starts in the home and is forever aligned to exceed your unrelenting expectations. Shop here.

or

B&W

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"