X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

Ca5300

I have a slight issue with my CA5300. On turn on, via the 12v trigger from my processor, as the amp switches on its outputs i get a number of small thumps on the speakers. I also have a lutron graphic eye light controller in the room and i can hear its "noise" on all the speakers when i get next to any loudspeakers. As a point of reference i tested a CA5200 before this and it did none of the above, it was silent.

Can anyone who has a CA5300 please check if it does the same with their unit, or maybe i have a "bum" unit.

I almost forgot, im using the balanced inputs.
  • spykids777
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by windshear
    I have a slight issue with my CA5300. On turn on, via the 12v trigger from my processor, as the amp switches on its outputs i get a number of small thumps on the speakers. I also have a lutron graphic eye light controller in the room and i can hear its "noise" on all the speakers when i get next to any loudspeakers. As a point of reference i tested a CA5200 before this and it did none of the above, it was silent.

Can anyone who has a CA5300 please check if it does the same with their unit, or maybe i have a "bum" unit.

I almost forgot, im using the balanced inputs.
    Hi,

I have the CA5300 connected with balanced XLR cables. I do not hear any thump except maybe a small single one when all my amps ( 5300 + 2 CAM 600) come on with 12v trigger at the same time. Also before this I had regular interconnects - they also did not make any other sounds.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by spykids777
      Hi, I have the CA5300 connected with balanced XLR cables. I do not hear any thump except maybe a small single one when all my amps ( 5300 + 2 CAM 600) come on with 12v trigger at the same time. Also before this I had regular interconnects - they also did not make any other sounds.
      I have CA-M600 and yes get a low thump emanating from each speakers when the amps first turn on but no noise after that. I think that might be because of the rush of current!

I use the CAT also balanced
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by windshear
        On turn on, via the 12v trigger from my processor, as the amp switches on its outputs i get a number of small thumps on the speakers.
        The Delta amps have no output relays to mute the outputs upon turn on. You will get turn-on thumps with such amps. How loud will vary according to the particular amp and speakers.

I also have a lutron graphic eye light controller in the room and i can hear its "noise" on all the speakers when i get next to any loudspeakers.
        Do you get noise with the lights off ? If the lighting system has ballasts or dimmers, or communicates by RF signals, these are all potential sources of RF interference that can be picked up by the amp.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Glen B
          Do you get noise with the lights off ?
          Yes no matter if the lamps are plugged in or not
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

Thanks for the replies. It seems then that the new Delta Series do thump when powering up. I get 2 just from the CA5300 when it starts up.

This is rather dissapointing as i mentioned when testing the CA5200 it was dead quiet, not a sound, in the same environment. What i find even more disturbing is the fact that im hearing the effect of my Lutron Grapfic eye. It shows the power supply is not as well filtered as the previous series.

All in all i suspect maybe a cost cutting exercise with not the same level of the previous engineering quality having been implemented. As an example , just looking under the hood and comparing the layouts and beauty of the previous units compared to this "spiders web".

Oh well rant over, back to reality.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"