X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

LCR Speaker

As Im still constructing my Theater Room I was curious if the LCR speakers image well and how they compare to 3 separate speakers. I see Paradigm makes a nice hi-end LCR, Mirage also makes one or much less. Im not sure what other companies are making them. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with these? Could I use 1 amp to power the entire bar? Im considering this option instead of in-walls (construction) or 5 separate reference speakers to keep everything off the floor and aesthetics.
    If these are good, how would they compare to standard centers?
    BOB
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

I guess it depends on what you (or the company) mean by LCR. Some "LCR" (or CLR or RCL, etc.) designations simply imply the speaker is suitable for any of those three locations; left, center, or right. Each speaker will require its own channel of amplification.

Others, such as the Paradigm Millenia 20 Trio are three speaker systems, one for left, center, and right, all incorporated into one housing. This speaker system would also require a separate channel of amplification for each channel of the speaker.

I don't know how they sound, but I'd have to guess the imaging and soundstage would not be as good as properly located separate speakers of similar quality. Whether or not this would be good enough largely depends on your frame of reference and your expectations. This can only be your call.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"