• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Subtitles

So question for anyone that may know...
    My last TV was a Sony RPTV. One feature I miss is that RPTV's ability to add subtitles to almost anything. If I had a DVD that had subtitles that I didn't like the positioning, I would use the TV's subtitles. If I had a DVD that did not have subtitles, I could still use the TV's subtitle option to get subtitles on the DVD. Now, this was all using a RCA/component connection.

I haven't seen that with any plasmas or LCDs. They all have subtitles buttons/options, and you would think that with a pure digital connection, it would be even easier to get subtitles "extracted". At least that's how I think... if that's not how it works, then how come my old Sony RPTV was able to display subtitles on DVDs with an analog connection... even if the DVD had no subtitles. How come I can't do this with new displays?
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"