X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotel&energy
    • May 2004

New DVD player - connection opinions needed

I'm looking at picking up a Pioneer DV578A-S. It is cheap, at $130.00 online, but it also plays SACDs and DVD-As. I'm starting to get into multi-channel music and I thought this would be a cheap way to improve my old, non-progressive scan DVD player and get decent SACD/DVDA playback. You can give me an opinion on that if you like, but my real questions is -

What should I use to connect the multi-channel output from a $130 dvd player to my much more expensive Rotel equipment. I can't really justify spending more money on that connection then the DVD player itself and 5 interconnects really adds up. Anyone else run into a dilemma like this or have opinions on what I should be looking at (Radio Shack, Monster, something else)?
    Christopher
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well one school of thought would be, as you mentioned, why spend as much or more in the IC's than the unit itself...? True and if you go buy a $50-$75 set of IC's for the 5.1 analog connection I wouldn't think less of ya

The other side would be if you get a decent set now it will give you better results from your existing unit and will still bennefit you down the line when you upgrade to a better machine....

Send an email off to Doug at Cat Cables, I'm sure even his least expensive set of IC's would likely outperform anything you can get in a store
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"