X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Tremblay
    • Jun 2008

Recievers with iPod hookup?

I'm considering buying one of these so I can do away with my CD player. Who makes a good one that people actually like?

Thanks guys! :B
    Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

The Merlots
    Scanspeak R2904/7000's, Scanspeak 15M4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's, MiniDSP 2x8, Class D amplification
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

A lot of receiver brands offer iPod interfaces, but the only ones I'm familiar with personally are the Denon receivers. The iPod interface is a separate piece which plugs into the receiver. You dock the iPod in the unit and then you can view your playlists on your TV/display and control the iPod from the Denon's remote.

I believe these interfaces can also display video if you have a video iPod.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yeah, getting more and more prevalent. Whenever Parasound releases their new recievers and processors, it's going to be the only ones around with a proprietary iPod connector of its type, with extended functions.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
        • Apr 2005

I have mine connected through my 360(it displays song titles, artists, etc via tv). It's not bad, but it would be nice to be able to just turn on the receiver and have it the playlist available....plus...you can create playlists, but they won't be saved and if some knucklehead picks it up and clicks on something without adding it to the playlist...the whole list now becomes just that one song...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
        Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• Hammie
          • Oct 2005

I thought that I would use my Denon iPod dock a lot more, but I actually stream my music more often than not from my network media server.

As others have mentioned, most middle to high end receivers offer the iPod option, so you need to look at what other options you want/need.

- # of HDMI connections
          - HDMI passthrough or switching
          - Type of DAC/ADC's
          - wattage
          - remote(s)
          - USB
          - Ethernet
          - supported codecs
          - etc.

Good luck!
          Panasonic TC-P65VT30
          Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
          Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
          Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
          B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
          Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
          My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
          Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• Ray Tremblay
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by louhamilton
            I thought that I would use my Denon iPod dock a lot more, but I actually stream my music more often than not from my network media server.

As others have mentioned, most middle to high end receivers offer the iPod option, so you need to look at what other options you want/need.

- # of HDMI connections
            - HDMI passthrough or switching
            - Type of DAC/ADC's
            - wattage
            - remote(s)
            - USB
            - Ethernet
            - supported codecs
            - etc.

Good luck!
            I couldn't care less about home theater, so "HT" related features are not an issue. I'm into two channel, music. The only feature I care about is a remote to control volume and to pick through the songs on the iPod that's connected to the receiver. Power isn't much of an issue either. 50 watts per channel and up, whatever.......any power level is fine.

I don't care about specifics. Please guys, just post a link to ANY receiver that you know of that has a "built in" iPod dock. I'm having a difficult time finding any.

Thanks!
            Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

The Merlots
            Scanspeak R2904/7000's, Scanspeak 15M4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's, MiniDSP 2x8, Class D amplification

Comment

• meegwell
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay
              I couldn't care less about home theater, so "HT" related features are not an issue. I'm into two channel, music. The only feature I care about is a remote to control volume and to pick through the songs on the iPod that's connected to the receiver. Power isn't much of an issue either. 50 watts per channel and up, whatever.......any power level is fine.

I don't care about specifics. Please guys, just post a link to ANY receiver that you know of that has a "built in" iPod dock. I'm having a difficult time finding any.

Thanks!
              You want to browse songs from the remote? ...or just volume control?
              My Basement Renovation
              Low ceiling basement renovation into media/theater/kids playroom in 100 year old home.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"