X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wardo
    • May 2006

1098 and component video

hey again guys,
    i have a rsp 1098, rdv 1092 and a hr20 DTV reciever. i usually use the hdmi to transfer video from dtv and the dvd directly to the tv. however, i just tried to hook up the component video and nothing wants to work correctly.

i used to have all video going through the component video of my 1098 until just a few months ago. I just tried it that way again just for simplicity of switching for my wife and kids. I unplugged all the hdmi and hooked up the componet again and all i get is video from the dtv. i dont get any video from the dvd on the tv, and i do not get any video on the 1098 from either the dvd or the dtv. also, when hooked up like this the tv stays on one input only. so if i get video from the dtv on the tv i should get video from the dvd right?

am i missing something in setup? dvd and dtv output is set to 1080i and this setup use to work just fine a few months ago, setup just like it is now.

thanks
    Eddie
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Very few DVD players allow 1080i output over component video. Try setting it to 480p and see if you get video. You might also have to set the DVD player to not output HDMI (some only allow one or the other)

Also remember to get video ON the 1098, you need to have the composite video cables connected as well. Also remember to set both inputs to PROGRESSIVE.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Wardo
      • May 2006

i did everything that you recomended Kevin and the i still an't get video via component from the 1092.
      also, are you saying tht the 1098 will not show video if the only video input is in 1080i?
      the only way to display video on the 1098 is via the composite inputs?

Eddie

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Yes, the only way to get any video on the TFT screen of the 1098 is to run the composite cables.

There's also no setting on the 1092 that would disable the component video output that I know of.

Is the 1092 showing a picture when connected directly to the TV via component? Also try moving the cables from the DTV unit to the 1092 and see if you get video on the dtv input. If so it's either bad cables, a wrong setting on the 1098, or a problem with the DVD input on the 1098.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"