X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

New Features for Denon AVR-3808CI / 4308CI

On October 1, Denon posted a feature pack upgrade that owners of the AVR-3808CI / 4308CI receivers can download and install via the Ethernet port. The coolest part (and one of the main reasons I chose this receiver) is that it can all be done online (purchase and install).

Price for the upgrades is $100 (unless you purchased Sept. 1 or later, in which case they're free), and include the following:

- Audyssey Dynamic Volume
    - Audyssey Dynamic EQ
    - Sirius Radio readiness
    - Rhapsody® service
    - HDMI CEC capability

Here's the official Press Release

Addendums to the User Manual for both receivers have also been posted to the respective pages on the Denon web site.

Note: In order to purchase the feature upgrades, you must first install the latest firmware revision.
    Brad
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... that's cool.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I concur! Very nice indeed.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Thats damn cool. Concider it done!!

Kg
        Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• Timelord
          • Oct 2008

The online ability to upgrade is a very good feature, but having to pay 100.00 for something which would be included to anyone who purchased this receiver after Sept doesn't sound quite right to me.

Where is the logic in that, it seems you are being penalized for purchasing their product earlier???

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Timelord
            The online ability to upgrade is a very good feature, but having to pay 100.00 for something which would be included to anyone who purchased this receiver after Sept doesn't sound quite right to me.

Where is the logic in that, it seems you are being penalized for purchasing their product earlier???
            I believe there was a recent price increase of about the same amount anyway, so I think it balances out. Plus, it's a heck of a lot better than having to buy a new receiver to get new features!
            Brad

Comment

• kgveteran
              • Oct 2005

Is it the same upgrade as the Pro version that needs to be installed by an Audyssey rep ?

Kg

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Timelord

If you purchased one after September 1st the upgrade is free (or included if it was built with it). If it was before September 1st then you have to pay $100.00 to get the upgrades.

The retail price went up $100.00 on September 1st. It was $1599.99 and now it's $1699.99. So either way, you pay the same amount.

Eric

Comment

• Blindamood
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kgveteran
                  Is it the same upgrade as the Pro version that needs to be installed by an Audyssey rep ?

Kg
                  I don't believe so, no.
                  Brad

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                    • Aug 2001

Kg
                    I'm pretty sure Audyssey Pro gives you Dynamic EQ, but not Dynamic Volume. It most certainly doesn't give you satellite radio.

Comment

• kgveteran
                      • Oct 2005

Do I have to recalibrate after the Denon upgrade. I really only want dynamicEQ. I'll drop down to -5dbMV once in a while and would like to keep the FR linear.

Comment

• Blindamood
                        • Sep 2003

Do I have to recalibrate after the Denon upgrade. I really only want dynamicEQ. I'll drop down to -5dbMV once in a while and would like to keep the FR linear.
                        Yes, you do have to re-run the Audyssey calibration after you install the updates.
                        Brad

Comment

• kgveteran
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Blindamood
                          Yes, you do have to re-run the Audyssey calibration after you install the updates.
                          I'm so gunshy about running updates. I hate to screw up the great sound i have.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                            • Aug 2001

I'll drop down to -5dbMV once in a while and would like to keep the FR linear.
                            KG at -5dB? Never!

Comment

• kgveteran
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
                              KG at -5dB? Never!
                              I really like 0db much better. Don't you ? I like it alot :twisted: Hehehe

Kg

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"