X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Denon 5800 Upgrade in Canada

This was pulled off the Denon Canada website.
    Product upgrade was to be available starting March 15.
    I will go through this process at the end of April when we move to the new house.

DENON CANADIAN WEBSITE
    This upgrade offered by DENON Canada Inc. is available on AVR-5800’s that have been purchased through a DENON Canada authorized retailer. All Canadian consumers must purchase the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit and arrange an installation date with an authorized DENON Canada retailer for the upgrade. UPGRADE BULLETIN

Exclusively the DENON Canada Inc. Service/Tech. Department in Markham, Ontario, will install all upgrades.

IMPORTANT: The Denon retailer will contact DENON Canada in advance to book an installation date on behalf of the consumer.
    The installation dates are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and are dependant on the availability of the K-AVR5800 upgrade kits and available appointment times for installation.
    It is DENON Canada’s intention to complete the upgrade, testing and re-packing within 3 business days of the booked installation date.

DETAILS:
     Contact your authorized DENON retailer for pricing and shipping information. The suggested list price for the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit including installation is $1299.00 Can.
     Request that the DENON retailer find the next available installation time that best suits you.
     Before having the retailer book your installation appointment with DENON Canada, ensure that you have allowed enough time for disconnection, packing and transportation to the retailer’s location and final shipping to DENON Canada in Markham, Ontario.
     The RC-8000 remote should be sent along with the AVR-5800.
     It is strongly recommended that both the customer and the retailer inspect and record any scratches or marks on the AVR-5800 and RC-8000 prior to final packing and shipping to DENON Canada. Any accessories must also be noted although DENON Canada only suggests shipping the AVR-5800 with the RC-8000 remote.
     The AVR-5800 is to be shipped via the authorized DENON Canada retailer, pre-paid and insured for the purchased price to DENON Canada Service Department in Markham, Ontario, preferably packed in the original AVR-5800 carton (if still available). It is strongly recommended that considerable and appropriate packaging be used given the weight and fragility of the component. We suggest that the AVR-5800 be “double boxed” where at all possible for added protection.
     DENON Canada Service Dept. will install the K-AVR5800 upgrade kit and test. The unit will then be returned, shipped pre-paid and insured back to the authorized DENON Canada retailer in a new carton complete with new packaging.

NOTE: Upon installation of the upgrade kit, the customer’s set-up parameters (speaker configuration, delay times, channel levels, tuner station presets etc.) will be automatically re-set to the factory settings. The customer will have to re-enter this information after re-installing in their system.
    The AVR-5800 must arrive at DENON Canada by the installation date to avoid delays.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sounds like they covered all the bases! So, when's your appointment with the Dr? Dr. Denon that is.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Lex,,Since we are moving to a new home May1 and I have to disconnect everything at that time,,She will be sent to Denon for the Transplant.
      Just glad that Denon is offering this to their customers..Made the purchase more than worth while.

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"