X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefteris
    • Feb 2005

What Amplifier?

Hello

I have a set of B&W speakers and I'm in the search of a decent power amp that will give the best out of the system. More specifically, I have pair of 604S3s for fronts, an LCR600S3 for center and a pair of 602S3s. The trick is that I mostly listen to music, so primarily I need an amp that can produce power but with sufficient detail in the spectrum, but I also want the kick in the sound when a dvd is being played. I've been running that speaker ste for 3-4 years now with just a petty sony receiver, and I'm a bit tired of it.

I have in mind the rotel 1095 and the anthem mca 50, so I'm thinking that kind of price margin.

Thanks for the help! :B
    Miles Smiles
  • subynube
    • Apr 2007

Look into Emotiva. High power ratings at a fraction of the cost of Rotel. Quite well received along the online community. Feel free to do a search for Emotiva, and you will find a lot of happy customers.

Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

In fact, you can go for the Emotiva XPA-5, which is rated at similar wattage for 5 channels to the Rotel 1095, for at least one thousand dollars less MSRP than Rotel.

Comment

• artv4
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Lefteris
      Hello

I have a set of B&W speakers and I'm in the search of a decent power amp that will give the best out of the system. More specifically, I have pair of 604S3s for fronts, an LCR600S3 for center and a pair of 602S3s. The trick is that I mostly listen to music, so primarily I need an amp that can produce power but with sufficient detail in the spectrum, but I also want the kick in the sound when a dvd is being played. I've been running that speaker ste for 3-4 years now with just a petty sony receiver, and I'm a bit tired of it.

I have in mind the rotel 1095 and the anthem mca 50, so I'm thinking that kind of price margin.

Thanks for the help! :B
      i tried the anthem mca 50 at my local hifi store (digitalsoundva.com). runs really warm but smooth response for ht. the rotel 1095 sounds better to me personally and is quite cool even for prolong usage
      GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"