Do you currently use a form of digital downloads?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Do you currently use a form of digital downloads?

Just curious, with all the talk of SD-DVD vs BD vs Downloads, etc. If you chose "other" (something I forgot?) just specify what you mean.
    I own a set top box and service (i.e. AppleTV, Vudu, etc)
    0.00%
    I use a HTPC and watch movies via Netflix or iTunes or some other paid movie service
    25.00%
    I use my cable provider's On Demand services
    37.50%
    I use some other paid digital download type not mentioned (explain)
    0.00%
    I do not use any form of paid digital download movie service
    37.50%
    -Chuck
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I will occasionally (once or twice a year) order an episode of a programme I missed with the video on demand service of my cable provider (if it is still available AND I think of it). Otherwise, NONE.

Edit to add: I don't pay for the TV programmes when I do this. For PAID services (above and beyond what it costs me for cable), my response would be NONE. I selected the middle option without taking "Paid" into account.
    Last edited by Ovation; 09 May 2008, 10:52 Friday. Reason: misread the poll

Comment

• H.T.C
      • Nov 2003

I really haven't tried downloading films yet but game (demos) and movies trailers yes.

If the ps3 gets the new version of flash upgrade i might try digital downloading on the console as a experiment on the time it takes to load and the quality of the film.
      Robert

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Could I respectfully ask for a re-wording/addition? I chose option 3 as it's the closest, but I use satellite, not cable.

It's an instant-gratification thing for me. If I'm in the mood and/or I don't want to wait on Netflix or they don't have it in an HD format, I'll grab a specific movie off the PPV channels.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

Oh sure, though I don't think I can change the options after it's created. I didn't know that satellite had On Demand type service, cool. I would say that would get lumped into the cable category, simply because it's very similiar (i.e. using your current television provider).
          -Chuck

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"