X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoopalini
    • Aug 2000

7.1 Speaker Placement ?

Now that I have enough speakers for 7.1, I would like some advice on where to place them.

I now have a NHT Supercenter, 4 NHT Superone's, a home built 12" Shiva sonosub, and 2 Sound Dynamic RTS-1's.

I'd like to know the optimal placement of these speakers in my room. The RTS1's seem like they would do best mounted on the side walls, but should they be behind, in front of, or even with the seating position? Here is a pic of the Sound Dynamics:

And here is a rough outline of what my room looks like:

The living room has 14' ceilings, with the vault running from the entertainment center back to the kitchen. The kitchen, hallway, office, etc ... have 9' ceilings.

Right now, the rear speakers are sitting on shelves about 10' up on the back wall. I placed an icon to the sides where I'm thinking of putting the Sound Dynamic speakers. There's enough wall space above the french door and window to mount them. Would this be the surround location, and the ones on the rear wall be the surround back location?

Thanks for any input, once I figure this out, then comes the fun of running 2 more sets of wires!

Thomas.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I think your mounting plan looks good.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"