X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k13
    • Jan 2007

newbie to home audio...

just joined hi. i want to make some monitor speakers for my pc. i know fair bit of car audio however i am little bit of a newbie to home audio speakers. i was considering on the lines of... 10" sub, 7" mid and tweeter per ported box and built in amp with a crossover, am i correct wiith an idea like that and also what is recommended to give me loud low bass ??? . what other equipment do i require ? are there any guide where i can copy a design from this site ?
  • Lectoid
    • Jan 2007

Just below "The Starting Block" is a link called "Mission Possible DIY". That's probably the place you want to post this question.

Comment

• clearwaterms
      • Nov 2006

it will be very difficult to get that loud deep bass from a single 10" subwoofer. If this is for a computer where you sit only a few feet from the speakers, I would consider the zaph audio project that uses the 3" HiVi driver along with a sonic t-amp, and then build an appropriate subwoofer using a small parts express plate amp.

if that isn't your bag, there are plenty of speaker designs on his website that you can read about

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Well, your goals come to mind, what are they? Are you trying to make your computer into a home theater? 10" woofer will be ok for normal PC audio, but for true HT depth, a powered 12" would go a lot further.

I am not familiar with zaph, I suggest talking to Thomas Jon and the guys in our DIY Audio section.

thanks.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"