X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb2005
    • Mar 2005

Crossover

I have two questions. I have a paradigm ps1000 sub and have heard that in order to by pass the sub crossover is to turn it all the way up and use the processor crossover, i have the rotel rsp1098. Also what is the best way to adjust the phase, they say turn the the crossover on the sub to min and the volume to min and play music and turn the volume up on the sub until the sub is heard then adjust the phase until you hear the most bass, just wondering if i'm on the right track. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by cb2005; 06 October 2006, 16:52 Friday.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

The sub is probably the most difficult pieces of equipment to setup, they are many variables involved, placement, room acoustics, etc.

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1) Adjust delays in setup menu of speakers/sub.

2) Use a SPL meter to setup speakers/sub (either using test tones or HT Disc., i.e. Avia).

SUB: Set Sub @ 90 degrees phase , set crossover @ 100 Hz, volume at 0 db if applicable). Have a second person adjust the volume until you reach 75 db reading on the SPL (I own the 1098 and have my sub reading @ 85db, my personal preference). Then have them adjust very slowly adjust phase until it blends with your mains. This of course while sitting in the sweet spot of your listening postion.

Speakers: Set speakers @ 75 db.

3) Adjust speaker contours to your personal taste, (being aware of listener fatigue).

4) Adjust db in sub setup menu for each setting.

5) Ensure your system has been on for at least an hour before speaker config.

Remember this only provides a basic setup, you should adjust according to your individual taste. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"