Receivers with at least a 3-band equalizer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • selection7
    • Jun 2006

Receivers with at least a 3-band equalizer?

I'm looking for a stereo reciever capable of outputting and inputting 5.1 digital audio that has at least a 3-band equalizer. Apparantly equalizers are out of vogue these days and we can't be trusted to set things how we like, we need presets. Anyway, I also want it to be able to indepedently control the volume of each of the six speakers and oh by the way...be less than $250.

Does anyone know of such a thing? The Pioneer VSX-815-K (or S) gets close but seems to be above the high end of that range.

EDIT: Also the Yamaha HTR-5830 seems to fit the bill. I'm still looking into it.
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

For 250??? I am not familar with the HTR series. So I can not speak on those. But 250 for what you are asking I think is a bit low. Unless you are talking Ebay, or some unauth. Web Site.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• selection7
      • Jun 2006

"Who pays over 200 bucks for a reciever that doesn't even have an equalizer ?" is what went through my head when I went shopping recently. I guess times have changed. 15 years ago you couldn't get a reciever without at least a 5 band equalizer. They all had it. Even most of the decent boom boxes, lol.

I agree with you though that it's not common among cheaper models...that's why I'm postin. But then a lot of models that cost over half a grand don't even have a true equalizer. I read in an article about how some audiophiles are displeased at the lack of mainstay features like turntable (phono) inputs and etc. on the current gen. hardware but that's another story.

But anyway, any model that fits the bill I'm interested in looking at. Thanks in advance to anyone in the know.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"