X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fkatzenb
    • May 2006

Need new speakers! Thinking about...

Well guys, I am new here. I found some links over on Home Theater Shack that lead me here. You can see what I have below. Obviously my center channel sucks, so I need to find a new center channel. I also want to updage my E60s.

For my E60s replacement, I have been looking at the Vifa/Dayton MTM kit. I think it would complement my sub setup real well with the big room I have. The highs in the E60s just couldnt fill the room too well. These should do very well, I think. I do like DIY, but I dont have time to do anything big. That is why I like their case setup. However I was hoping for a taller speaker setup so that it is now at listener hieght... hmm. What do I do? The stands that PartsExpress sells are just too bulky.

I have no clue about center channels. The VCS-10 is nice and small, which is a plus.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

My Equipment:
    Yamaha RX-V757 Reciever
    Bose VCS-10 Center Channel
    JBL E60 Front & Rear Channels
    Dayton Titanic 15" Sub
  • fkatzenb
    • May 2006

Actually the stands arent bad as I originally thought. They just seemed bulky, when they really arent. They have a nice 12" tall stand which will bring my tweater to around 22" tall. 18" are too tall I think for at least the rears.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

My Equipment:
    Yamaha RX-V757 Reciever
    Dayton Titanic 15" Sub

Comment

• Paul H
      • Feb 2004

Go to the Mission Possible DIY section of this forum and browse the recent designs there before making up your mind.

Paul

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Generally speaking the PE kits aren't that well designed. And the woofers in that kit are IMO marginal at best. Also they aren't magnetically shielded.

If you have the ability to cut the holes for the drivers and the port, and build the crossover following a picture instead of using a printed circuit board, you can build a significantly better speaker using the Natalie P design on our DIY forum. The cost will be virtually the same as the PE kit and it uses the same PE box.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• fkatzenb
          • May 2006

Well building drivers is no problem since I am an electrical engineer. So you are saying to use the Natalie P driver circuit in the PE case. What about the drivers? I am not looking for much below in the low range since I have that titanic.... right now my reciever dumps everything below 80Hz into the sub. While my living room isnt that big, it is all open with the dinning room and kitchen, so its a lot of volume, and the E60s lack in good upper range projection.

Frank
          Frank Katzenberger

My Equipment:
          Yamaha RX-V757 Reciever
          Dayton Titanic 15" Sub

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"