X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

Sound Anchor stands

I have a pair of 703's, great great speakers but my one concern is how they are "Tippy" from side to side from being narrow and tall. I saw through Sound Anchor web site they have custom made stands for speakers, one being the 703. Does anyone use/have this product? Would the extra 2 or so inches in width help with stability? Would they improve the sound? For US $240.00, would be a cheap upgrade for sound and for not finding them laying on the TV if knocked over.

Kevin
  • sgtjim57
    • Dec 2008

Can not get to the web site but I believe I have a set under my 603S3. They to where not the most stable so I did some research, this was 6 years ago so I can not remember if I did purchase Sound Anchors, they did make my speakers much more stable. (I have a small dog, 90lbs, who wanted to look out the window and knocked one of my speakers over. Could have been worse, could have been a small child). If the page would load I might be able to identify them. Basically mine are flat metal brackets that mount where the spikes would normally mount, and they have brass spikes (much larger than what came with the B & W's) and cups for the spikes for hardwood floor usage. I like them. Maybe no improvement is sound but they are very stable.
    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
    SVS SB 2000 X 2
    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
    Oppo BDP 93
    Apple TV 4K
    B & W N804 Mains
    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
    B & W LCR 600 Center
    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

link To a review over at the Asylum.

Edit: I just saw this is from 2002, FWIW.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"