X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

Speaker stands for 705 and htm7

can anyone recommend some really minimalistic contemporary looking stands to hold these speakers. been looking at the nexus ones but that are still too bulky for our tastes.

cheers,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • perato
    • Jan 2005

I do not know what you mean by "really minimalistic contemporary looking stands." You need the stand to hold the weight sturdily. I use modified Studiiotech SP-24 stands for my 705 speakers. By "these speakers" I guess you mean 705 since you posted another thread about 700 series speakers.
    In the end, let YOUR ears and YOUR wallet be your guide.

Comment

• nyny
      • Jul 2004

Why not use the 700 series speaker stands? They look fairly modern and matches well with the 705s.
      Tony

Comment

• JKalman
        • Nov 2005

Yeah the 700 series stand is good, I had one on my 705s before I traded up to another model.

Comment

• alpina
          • Nov 2005

thanks guys,

sorry for being a little vague

i guess im looking to see what my options are. last thing i want is to have my bookshelfs looking like floor standers because of largish looking stands

regards,

julie
          My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

The 700 series stands are the best option if you get them when you buy the speakers. I shopped around between dealers in Brisbane and got the stands as part of the deal (ie no extra cost). For the centre speaker I use the top of my locally made equipment rack. I think it looks great (see pic).

I filled my stands with sand so that they provide a solid platform for the speakers. I would not want to use anything more minimalistic as it would be less sturdy and speakers need a solid platform to sound their best. The B&W stands screw into the speakers which helps if you have kids, animals or clumsy friends.
            Attached Files
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• alpina
              • Nov 2005

option 2: if i sit 705's and htm7 directly onto a stone bench (bolted to wall) 400mm deep and 495mm from floor, could this work. biggest concern to me is the fact that the speaker will only have about 50mm space from rear wall. whats the minimum distance these speakers need to be placed from the wall?

cheers,

julie
              Last edited by alpina; 06 December 2005, 08:40 Tuesday.

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Many things in hifi, like positioning your speakers, are somewhat subjective. A friend asked me the same question re speaker positioning and I advised that they should be away from the rear wall (mine have now crept out to 60cm to the back of the speaker although I was originally happy with 30 to 40cm) and on stands. You should also try to get the tweeters at the same height as your ears when you are seated as they are more directional.

I advised my friend to try all the options and then let her ears make the final choice. She ended up putting her bookshelf speakers on a bookshelf as she reckoned positioning made no difference (mind you she wasn't listening to 705s so maybe positioning did not improve the sound).
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"