X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csloo
    • Jan 2005

Anyone heard of this center speaker?

Avalon Acoustics NP Center channel speaker.
    If yes, is it good? How much is it?

I am using MMG as front, any recommendation for center speaker? Budget around $300-500.

How about Linn AV 5120, Paradigm cc470 v3 or Klipsch RC7?

Is there going to be huge diffrent between dedicated center speaker and normal monitor speaker as center(I am using a pair of ProAc super tablette as center now)? ;x(

Thanks
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

What are you using for L/R speakers? One of those would be ideal for the center.

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• csloo
      • Jan 2005

I am using Magnepan MMG as L/R, mmgw as rear, Rotel RMB 1075 to drive them.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Listen on videogon, list $1500.00, asking price $800.00.

I am also a firm believer in fronts and centers being from the same company, for timbre matching purposes, that's just my humble opinion.

Here is the description:

Description:

" (FYI -- Avalon designed these NP Series speakers for quality home theater and stereo performance at a good price, but later concluded a still lower price was needed for their target market. As a result, they slashed manufacturing cost for a cheaper "Evolution" model to be released later in 2006 (less expensive cabinet and tweeter). These original speakers with full quality cabinet and high-frequency driver have nothing slashed but the price.)

These NP Series speakers are great performers. They have a neutral balance with excellent resolution and a clear sense of three dimensional space. The highs are open and natural, the bass is musical and well defined, and the driver, build and finish quality is absolutely first rate. Furthermore, they are very efficient and can be driven easily with a receiver.

================================================== =================
        Quoting Avalon regarding these NP Series: "Dynamics and high efficiency are the principle hallmarks of the NP Series transducers. Their technical styling combined with proprietary high energy driver technologies, make these loudspeakers exceptionally efficient. Whether driven by a surround sound receiver or a high-end amplifier, the NP Series transducers will provide maximal sound pressure levels and explosive dynamics with minimal input wattage"

Regarding this specific speaker: "The unique flexibility of this design provides an open soundfield through any number of placement options. Take note that the NP Series Center Channel may be used on its "top" or "bottom" so that the wave launch may be better directed toward the listener. This intentional design element allows placement either above or below a television (or projection screen)."

"By placing the NP Center Channel on its angled surface, the front baffle will be inclined backward, improving the dispersion upward and into the room. The unit may also be flipped over, so that the front baffle is now perpendicular to the base, providing a more direct dispersion of energy. The NP Center Channel may be used in either orientation."

Specifications: (2)6.5in kevlar, (2)1" tweeter, 38-20KHz (+/- 1.5dB), 30-150W, 5 ohms, 7.5"H x 21"W x 12.5"D."

Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by csloo
          I am using Magnepan MMG as L/R, mmgw as rear, Rotel RMB 1075 to drive them.
          What about a CC3?

Kal
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• csloo
            • Jan 2005

cc3 is too large for me, that's why i am looking for others.

I thought about the timbre matching issue, but....no choice.

Any opinion if i use the ProAc as centre, or dedicated center?

Thanks

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2006

I have no opinion since timbre-matching outside of the same speaker or matched dedicated center is a crap-shoot unless one has auditioned the exact setup.

Kal
              Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"