X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moe32274
    • Nov 2005

Comcast HDMI box?

Hi there - silly question for you all. Does Comcast offer cable boxes with HDMI output? I assume the answer is yes. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks in advance.

Moe.
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

around here they are tough to come by
    they like to give out the dvi or compenent as those are the older ones

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Moe,

Comcast does offer a HDMI box. Remember the HDMI to DVI cable will not work. I tried this with my Sony HDTV with only a DVI input. Hopefully the HDMI to HDMI will!
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• moe32274
        • Nov 2005

So I just called Comcast to start new HDTV service in my apartment - and I was told that I can get DVI or HDMI "only" if I get the DVR service. Otherwise the HDTV box used "coax" cables. This can't be true!!!

All I want is a cable box with HDMI output so I can connect it to my receiver and then pass it through to the HDTV. No DVR no other fancy stuff.

Is this doable with Comcast or am I making things more complicated than necessary?

M.

Comment

• peterS
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by june
          Moe,

Comcast does offer a HDMI box. Remember the HDMI to DVI cable will not work. I tried this with my Sony HDTV with only a DVI input. Hopefully the HDMI to HDMI will!
          if the tv only has dvi but also hdcp encryption it will work

Comment

• peterS
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by moe32274
            So I just called Comcast to start new HDTV service in my apartment - and I was told that I can get DVI or HDMI "only" if I get the DVR service. Otherwise the HDTV box used "coax" cables. This can't be true!!!

All I want is a cable box with HDMI output so I can connect it to my receiver and then pass it through to the HDTV. No DVR no other fancy stuff.

Is this doable with Comcast or am I making things more complicated than necessary?

M.
            get a tv with a cable card or get satelite

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"