X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

Region 3/all dvd player?

Hi guys, I have been getting lots of region 3 dvds recently which has the DTS track some region one dvds do not have. However I've to be stuck in playing it in computer and losing the picture quality(sound can be retained most..... but still losing some). Is there a dvd player that's around 1-200 that can play the region 3 DVDs? As the new formats are coming up that I don't want to invest more than 200 on a player. It's not a big deal whether it can play region 1 or not since I already have another one(if it plays that'd be great too, but not a really big deal). Thanks
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Depending on which brand of DVD player you have, you may be able to do a simple region hack to make it region-free. Check out the following website to see if your DVD player is listed.

You can also search for different websites using internet search engines.
    A lot of players can be hacked by entering specific key sequences using your remote. Firmware modification is more complecated but still easy enough to do. Remember one thing though. If firmware update gets messed up in the middle of updating, your DVD player may be permanently out of commision.

I also have many Region 3 DVDs (mainly Korean DVDs), and made plans to get multi-region DVD player from the beginning. I have Cambrige Audio Azur 540D, which is multi-region straight out of box, and Denon DVD 2910 which I used a firmware update to make region-free.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Vinny
      • Mar 2006

The link was great! Thanks a lot! :T
      Got both of my players updated :B
      First I got it done with a philips DVP642....... 30secs work with playing with remote(my parents paid extra $30 for getting same model of player in all region..... for just 30seconds work :M )
      Then I messed around with the pioneer 578A, tough one which had to upgrade the firmware and stuff. Still not too hard as I get used to upgrade firmware for dvdrom etc. Two hours work for finding the right way to name the file and labeling the cd.
      Pioneer KRP-500M
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Parasound 5125
      Oppo BDP-83
      Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
      SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• theMaximus
        • Jul 2004

Glad I could help. Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"