X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Panasonic DVD player firmware update available

There's a new firmware CD out for most of the Panasonic and their clone DVD players. The original thread I got my info from is available here though at 20 pages its a long read Still kudo's to those that figured this out for us:T

Firmware List (summarized version of JVB's list of what the disc has)

DT100:

LA95:

LX9:

RA60:

LV60/PV40

RV22/RV32:

RP62/CP67:

RV36/RP56:

HT65/HT70/RV31/RV41:

DM3/HT75/HT95:

CV52/DK20/HT67:

RA61/RP91:

CP72/RA82/RP82/XP30/XP50:

Denon DVD-1600:

What you need to do is download the firmware file from HERE. Its large so those on dial up you might want to find a friend with broadband (100 meg)

Next download WinRar from HERE and unzip the rar file.

Then download and install Alcohol 120% from HERE

Now once the image burning software is installed choose "Image Burning Wizard" and then navigate to the "MEIAVCCODSDCPDDVDPDFD000001000.BWT" file and then in the next screen make sure you select "RAW DAO" as the write method and check off Write if it isn't already checked and click Start. That should give you a CD that will play on your DVD player. It'll then check to see if your player needs an update and prompt you to click yes to begin.

From what I've read the biggest improvement on the 1600 (which I have) is improved menu navigation speed and a slight improvement in image quality.

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I just did my Denon 1600 and it went very smoothly. The settings were reset back to factory so make sure you set DTS back to mitstream etc and then power off the player before trying to watch a disc...I was warned I couldn't view the matrix as it was from a different region until I powered it off and then back on.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Andrew! You're my hero!

I sent off an email to Denon last week re: firmware version etc as I've been having trouble playing my Carmina Burana by Carl Orff DVD-A in multi-channel. No matter what I do it will only play the stereo track. I have yet to recieve a response :twisted: (Not to happy with that level of customer service :x ) So this could just be the miracle I was looking for

Thanks buddy :T

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I just wanted to add a couple things...

Universal music (who released the disc mentioned above) have been super helpful in troubleshooting the problem. Their customer service unlike Denon's has been extremely helpful. They even went as far as obtaining a Denon 1600 player to test on their own end. Of course it was a European region player with different firmware but....

Andrew, I assume the factory default applies to any bass management and delay settings for the analog outputs too?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Yes all the settings on my machine were set back to their default settings.

Comment

• Jeff Aguilar
            • Jun 2001

Thanks for the link Andrew. Those guys at AVS did a great job getting this information out.

I just updated my Denon 1600. Went very well. The menu is MUCH faster than it was before. I am hoping that the layer change is also faster.

I am going to get this to Erik also. He only has dial-up at home. I wonder what I should charge him to upgrade his Denon 1600?

Jeff

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

He only has dial-up at home
              :#

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

So I did the update last night with almost no problems (The only "problem" was me forgetting to write down my delay and level settings before updating...lol) Though I've got to say I was starting to sweat a little when it's said the updating would be done in a moment and I waited... and waited... and FINALLY... it said it was done...phew! The menu's are WAY faster, nice

It didn't fix the problem with my Carmina Burama disc not playing in multichannel though but after doing more digging I figured out why... The subwoofer has to be on in the player So there goes all my bass management out the window! :evil: If the player had an adjustable crossover I wouldn't really care but 100hz FIXED for speakers that can play down to 30hz is just stupid. Also why anyone would set up a disc to HAVE to be in a player with the subwoofer enabled (especially with the state of most players bass management) to play the multichannel track, is beyond me.

I am hoping that the layer change is also faster.
                Me too :P Hope I can test that out later this week. Too many playoff games on right now to watch movies though

Jason

Jason

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Here's the response I received from Universal after informing them of my dicovery:

We can confirm that behaviour on our player here as well. The same happens, if the center is switched off.

I reported that player bug to Denon. I also asked Denon for more information regarding speaker setting and bass management because there is a lack of information in the manual.

The problem that occurs is not a problem of the DVD-Audio programming but a problem of that player. All DVD-Audios using the Audio Block mode (two audio streams inside one group) should have the same problem on that player. I would expect that all your DVD-As playing surround sound until now are using different groups for stereo and surround audio instead of audio block mode.
                  Very interesting! Hopefully he'll have better luck with Denon than I did.

Jason

Jason

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Good one, Andrew! :T

I've been out of town and 'net-less for the last 10 days, and haven't read the 20+ pages in the original. Has anyone tried it on an RP-91 (Panny) yet?

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Matt Broeska
                      • Nov 2000

i just did it on my panny rp-91 last night. everything went fine. the only thing i didn't do was write down any settings. could anyone remind me what settings are best when setting up your 91? i can't access the U1-U4 menu! it only goes from U1-U2. what am i doing wrong?

(i'd check my manual but it's deep in its box, deep in my storage closet in my apartment)

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
                      That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
                      Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
                      That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

• guasp
                        • Jun 2004

xp30 firmware download

undefinedundefinedundefined

Hi:

I own a panasonic xp30 hooked up to an infocus x1 in my HT. I was trying to download the firmware upgrade but the link you had to do so is not working.

do you know here else I can download that firmware?

thank you

elio guasp
                        san juan, PR

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Hi Elio, welcome to The Guide! :welcome:

Here's a link to the webpage itself. Upgrade. Let us know how it goes, okay?

P.S. My primary player is a Panasonic RP-91.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• jools
                            • Jul 2004

hi,
                            the link to the file is broken and i can not download the image.
                            i have panasonic sc-ht75 dvd player
                            which firmware would be the best for it ? where can i find image with firmware update ?
                            thanks for any help

regards

Comment

• Pete_Luck
                              • Mar 2006

HI all,
                              I need to find Panasonic RP-62 latest firmware ! (I think it's 073)
                              Can anyone help me ?
                              I tried the link on the upper post but not linked to it anymore ...
                              Thanks,
                              Pete_Luck

Comment

• abtin
                                • Apr 2006

hi
                                i have panasonic dvd-ra82
                                firameware of my dvd is 287 and the last firemware is 302
                                can i upgrade the friameware
                                please send link the last version
                                thanks

Comment

• Azeke
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2003

Abtin,

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest you call Panasonic technical support. You may be able to find it with a diligent search, but it is usually a very large file >50Megs.

You can also try this site:

Panasonic DVD firmware

If you go to the proper website you will see that you have to donate a little bit via PayPal and then the files will be available for you to download, if you model is available.

Good luck,

Azeke
                                  Last edited by Azeke; 08 April 2006, 23:04 Saturday.

Comment

• abtin
                                    • Apr 2006

Hi Azeke
                                    i am in iran :cry:
                                    and i cant bit via PayPal ops:
                                    no other way to download this file
                                    please help me ;x(
                                    :T

Comment

Working...
                                    😀
                                    😂
                                    🥰
                                    😘
                                    🤢
                                    😎
                                    😞
                                    😡
                                    👍
                                    👎
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"