X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyny
    • Jul 2004

Denon DVD-3910: multi-region?

Greetings! Does anyone know where I can buy an U.S. version multi-region enabled Denon DVD-3910? I saw a few U.K. sites selling European version multi-region enabled 3910 but I am not sure if there are any U.S. version.

I read that there is a firmware update that will convert the 3910 into region-free, has anyone try it on an U.S. 3910?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Tony
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Hello nyny

I am sorry I can't answer you question re R1 version of the 3910, but the R4 is multiregion out of the box. i.e. you go and buy from anywhere and it is already multiregion from the distributor.

Then again I think all DVD players released here are multiregion by default
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Spearmint
      • Sep 2004

Okay guys, if you haven't already seen this thread, and your interested in the Denon 3910 you may want to download this file that Spizz found, read the thread because you have to rename the file.

I have not tried this, or know if it works just passing on some information.

Denon 3910 Multiregion Firmware
      Richard

Comment

• nyny
        • Jul 2004

Spearmint>>> thanks for your replies....I will give the firm upgrade a try and will post the result.
        Tony

Comment

• Spearmint
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by nyny
          Spearmint>>> thanks for your replies....I will give the firm upgrade a try and will post the result.
          No worries, I hope it works for you.

My R4 version has played everything I have thrown at it, including R1 RCE disc's, I guess that firmware is similar to ours.
          Richard

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"