PT-AE900U - Main power switch - ON or OFF?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frits
    • Mar 2006

PT-AE900U - Main power switch - ON or OFF?

When I turn off power on my Panasonic PT-AE900U projector, it will go into stand-by mode following cool-down (the system light will go to RED).
    Is it advisable to then turn off the main switch on the physical projector, or can I just leave it in stand-by mode? The manual states that in stand-by mode there is a consumption of 0.8W, but are there other things that I should be aware of?

Frits
    Frits
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

Leave it on (stand-by), it is designed for that.
    Anyway, 90% of people have the projector mounted in such a way that they can not reach the switch.

Kobus

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I never use standby. But it doesn't matter. I have two pjs and they are connected to a power outlet with an on/off switch. After the pj cools down and goes into standby mode, I then switch it off. I have had many projectors over the years where I used this practice and have never had any problems. But I don't use my theater every day. If I did, I would probably use the standby mode. But more out of convenience than anything else. It's really a matter of preference. It doesn't hurt to switch off your projector as long as you wait for the cool down fan to stop running. The manual will actually tell you to do exactly that if you are going to be away or not using the pj for a long period of time.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Frits,

Welcome to HTGuide :welcome:

I actually have a switch to control the circuit, which is mounted on the ceiling to control the Panny 900U. After the projector fan cools the lamp, I usually turn off the switch, however it seems with the Panny it just goes straight into standby mode without anything running. My previous projector would continue to run, the Panny 900U is dead silent and only draws 0.08W of power in standby mode. That being said I will continue to turn the projector off by the switch just in case of power surges, etc., unless of course my wife turns of the equipment by the remote (macro controlled), but I feel much better about that now.

BTW, this is a fantastic projector, I am certainly enjoying it. I have just mounted it on the ceiling (had to modify my previous ceiling mount). Panasonic has also extended the $400.00 rebate, this is a great bang for the buck projector. I have recommended this projector to a couple of friends who have taken advantage of the rebate.

I hope you are enjoying your projector as well.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I personally have never used anything other than standby mode on my AE700. Has worked great for me.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"