X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

CDP transport issue

Has the issue regarding reading the first disk been addressed. I see there is no firmware update for this. Also no further discussion by those of you affected. I am surprised as it is a couple of months now.
    The reason I am asking is that a friend recently got a 102 with the same issue.

Kobus
    ----------------

Originally Posted by Eliav

The problem with the cdp202 is that it will fail to read the first disc you load after turning the unit "on" from a standby mode. the second disc and on are read with no problems. also, when the unit is restarted from a shut off mode the first disc will be read normally. i guess the bug is there in the standby-on switch. again, per Classe, this is supposed to be fixed with the next software update.

By Rebelman:
    Bummer, I've got the bug. It's not a big deal though and I discovered a little trick to circumvent the removal and reinsertion of the first disc after taking the player out of standby the first time. When the disc is inserted and starts to spin up, put the player back into standby mode and then take it back out (the player is on). The CDP-202 will almost immediately recognize the disc and will display its contents. It doesn't solve the problem but it's much quicker than ejecting and reinserting the disc and waiting for it to spin up again.
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Not yet. Classe' does have a "fix" for the odd anomaly, however, they have been reluctant to release it for fear that other unforseen circumstances could result. From what I was told the software is enormously complex and they are taking careful measures to avoid releasing a cure that could be worse than the disease.

Just keep a disc in the drive when you stand down the unit and you'll never notice that a problem exists the next time you go to use the player. A nice side effect to this suggestion is considerably faster boot/load times.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Kobus
      • Aug 2005

Thanks James,

And my friend appreciates the advice. (Ja Piet)

Kobus

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Here is a current quote from Classé, confirming what James is saying. (Not that I doubted you James).

"We are fully aware of the performance you describe and the inconvenience it is causing to our customers worldwide. We have committed to resolving this issue in the next software release, and it is currently our number one software development priority. However, the fact that this issue is so longstanding is a sign of the difficulties that we are encountering in identifying a solution. Each time a solution has been successfully developed it has introduced other unacceptable issues into the code which has ultimately prevented its release.

I completely accept how frustrating these repeated delays must be to you. However, like Robert, I do not want to temporarily pacify you by supplying a potentially misleading date for the release of the code. All I can confirm is that the issue is going to be resolved and a solution is currently being worked on as our highest software development priority.

Since the new code will be posted on our website, I would repeat Robert’s advice to keep an eye on our website in the short term.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this situation and be assured that Robert and I want a solution as much as you do.

Best wishes

Tom"

Comment

• musman
          • Jul 2006

Any new updates on this yet? Did they release the fix?

Comment

• hmpart
            • Feb 2007

Kobus,

I have this same problem with the CDP-502. See the following link:

Thanks for reminding me to check back with my dealer to see if he has heard anything yet from Classe.

Best
            Howard

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"