X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

configuration question

OK, here is a nig one, i use a Krell showcase as a pre-pro, (the best) incredible sound, with a krell kav3250 for my front 3 803n and htm1 center with 805s as surrounds,driven by Rotel 1095 ( for sale) recently added an arcam dv29, the best money spent on one item so far, huge improvement,though its IR does interfere with my Krell so i have to hassle with it

my question is

i have it hooked up using a toslingk for digital, also using the coax for analogue, which will only do 5.1, i do have 2 601 as rear center also, i also have 7 channel hook up option with the krell, guess i could split the 805s with the 601s rca's i could use maybe y splitters for the 4 rears, but leaning towards just dumping them, the 805s sounds that good

also i have balanced 2 channel hook up on the krell, i could use but how do i get all this to integrate

my thoughts were to program the pronto to do all three,

i hope this makes sense

holiday regards

Kurt

there is also a balance connection from the krell to use as a 2 channel option, i had some made going from the xlr from Krell to coax to the arcam''

using a pronto, will i be able to program this so i can decide which i want to use, optical,coax,2 channel, can this be done

so i can kind of a-b-c which i like best for rach disc

does this make sense, if i can find a programmer, i would like to really ultra fine tune the pronto so i can decide how i want to listen t a dvd or cd, can this be done

does this make sense

any pronto pro's who could do this for me, or guide me thru ot will be most assuradly rewarded'

happy holidays to all

Kurt Holz
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hi, Kurt, based on your question, I think it would be best suited in our "Home Theater" subforum. (Club Parasound deals with issues with Parasound equipment) I'll move you over there, and hopfeully somebody will be able to help.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Trying to figure out exactly what you want to do. Also, it looks like you are using the term "coax" to mean something with an RCA termination whether it's digital or analog.

You probably can't "switch" between optical/coaxial digital connections from your DVD/CD to the Showcase with a button (on the same input), both of those inputs stay on I believe. You would have to run the optical to one input and the coax to another input. It would then be pretty easy to A/B by just changing the source. You can do the same with digital vs. analog using an analog input or the analog bypass function if it has one. In reading the manual, it appears that the first option would be easier as it says you have to disable the digital input in order to use the analog.

Same deal goes for single-ended vs. balanced outputs to your main speakers. You would have to swap the cables from your showcase to your amp to do this A/B test unless there is some special feature in the Showcase (I read the manual and could not find one).

Let me know if I've misunderstood something about what you are trying to do.
      Danish

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"