X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

New to home audio... here is what ive got... need input

The RCD-1072 proves conclusively that cost-conscious high performance in a single disc CD player is still available – and still outperforming many so-called “audiophile” DVD players.

Commerce Cloud Storefront Reference Architecture

audioquest http://www.audioquest.com/

optilink 3 fiber optic
    vdm-3 digital coaxil
    king cobra composit pair
    ------------------------------
    now from my rotel ive chosen to use the composits over digital

im a little disapointed w/ how expensive external amplification costs in home audio so active x/o are out of the question hence i went the "budget" rout w/ the denon

while it gets loud enough the highs dont sound good at high volumes due to the passive x/o s

so im not sure if a mtm will be enough for me, maybe a mmtmm (if thats the proper terminology) will gain me more sensitivity in the mids... thoughts?

also i had initialy planed on just utilizing the dayton ref series tweet and 7"s

i love the sound of dynaudio speakers and was told these sound the same for less but need more elaborate passives

from what ive read the seas nextel seem to be ideal though... what about a tweeter though.... i prefer a low Fs one so i can stick w/ a two way setup unless i am mistaken in going that route

opinions on this?

lastly i will probably incorperate a pair of 10" into each cabinet amplified off a crown amp

now ive also noticed that rack amps arn't very popular and generaly people spend much more for less power why is this? outside of the fan noise is there any disadvantage to the crowns?

thats all xx)
    Last edited by peterS; 24 December 2005, 03:44 Saturday. Reason: because
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"