X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmy350z
    • Dec 2005

Speaker Help?

I just moved into a one bedroom apartment.The living room is about 18.5 x 13. I have the new Sony 60" SXRD television, Denon 3910 dvd player, Anthem Statement D1/P5,now comes the hard part,which is why I am writing you here,I need speakers. My system will be used equally to watch dvd's,listen to music and videogaming. I listen to mostly rock,but I do listen to all types of music. I have about $2500 to spend. What should I look into? Is there anything that I should stay away from? Thanks for your help.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

You have an Anthem pre and amp, 60"SXRD and Denon 3910 and you only want to spend $2500 on 5 speakers and a sub....? :scratchhead: No offense but that seems a little off balance. Not horribly off balance mind you but I'd think you should up your budget to between $3-$4k for all that and you'll be better off

As for subs, look no further than SVS or HSU.

Speaker brands I recommend are: B&W, Energy, Paradigm, Polk, PSB, Totem and Vienna Acoustics. One of these brands should have a model range that your ears will like :T Otherwise, your best bet is to go listen to as many brands/models as you can and let YOUR ears decide what's best for you
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"