X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sduford
    • Apr 2004

C2 vs. AVC-2500

Hello folks, I just discovered this forum and I have a few questions...

I have an older AVC-2500 and when I recently purchased an SACD player I was appalled to find that the volume control doesn't operate on the 5.1 analog input (what the heck were they thinking?) There is an upgrade available but it also requires the bass management EPROM upgrade. I was encouraged by that until I found out the upgrade would cost me over $1000 CDN ($755 + shipping + manpower).

Now I'm not sure if I want to invest that much in this unit. I'm thinking I'd be better off selling it and using the proceeds and the money I saved to buy a newer processor.

The C2 looks real good but it seems to have serious limitations w. bass management. Is it true you can't have separate settings for fronts/center/surrounds? Is bass management available on the analog inputs? Is the C2 more upgradable than the AVC-2500 or am I walking into another dead-end? Is the C2 significantly better than the AVC-2500?

I'm also looking at the Anthem AVM-20 which seems to be more flexible and is cheaper to boot. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sylvain Duford
    Sylvain Duford
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"