Setting up my Yamaha 2500 receiver in my HT.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxTimeOff
    • Jan 2005

Setting up my Yamaha 2500 receiver in my HT.

I have a Yamaha 2500 receiver in my 5.1 HT. I just turned it on and I have sound out of the fronts, center and base. No sound out of the rears however. I think the volume is just turned down on this channel.

The way I have my system set up, I do not have any video pumping through the receiver, just audio. For video, I go direct from the Sat box to the plasma and direct from the DVD player to the plasma.

I want to perform the auto setup procedure to balance everything, and hopfully get the rears working. Seems easy enough. In the manual it shows a menu display that you follow for the setup. Question is, will this menu show up on the receiver, or do I need to have a monitor connected to the receiver to see this setup menu? If so, how should I connect the receiver to Plasma? I never anticipated connecting the receiver to the plasma.
  • Kemp
    • Nov 2003

I would suggest you link the receiver to the monitor just for the purpose of setup for ease of use. Thereafter you can take the cable out again. The rears don't work probably because it isn't "activated" in the setup.
    Marius

Comment

• MaxTimeOff
      • Jan 2005

Kemp,

I was able to get it working w/o a monitor hooked up to the receiver. There is an extra step not mentioned in the manual to make this work. I needed to press the "display" button on the remote to get the menu to appear on the receiver. After trial and error I finally figured that one out. It was easy after that, although having a monitor hooked up would have eased the process, but then I wouldn't be talking to you!!

Thanks much for your response....Max

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Max, it IS easier with a monitor, trust me. :B I initially didn't have my RX-V1 connected to a monitor, and managed to set things up, but once I did use the monitor output, the process was much more intuitive and non-frustrating.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"