Samsung HT-P38: getting sound from cable box?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjames
    • Nov 2005

Samsung HT-P38: getting sound from cable box?

I just got this 5.1 Samsung HT-P38 package and have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable box and a Samsung LTP227W 22" LCD HDTV. My problem is I can't get sound from the cable box to go through my 5.1 speakers when watching TV. How would I do this?

My TV has component 1 and 2 and L/R audio ports next to those component ones. My cable box is connected via component 2 to my TV, and I ran the L/R audio from the cable box to my Samsung HT-P38 receiver instead of the TV. No sound. I think it has to do with the mode I'm using on my TV. I need to be on component 2 to watch TV, whereas the Samsung HT-P38 is hooked into component 1. (And yes, the speakers are setup properly as I do get sound when using the test feature on the Samsung HT-P38 menu.)

Thanks!
  • mjames
    • Nov 2005

My setup:

TV to cable box: component (video and L/R audio)
    Cable box to HT receiver: digital optical
    TV to HT receiver: component

I get sound when I'm on Component 1 and watching DVDs, but nothing on Component 2 for TV. Is there a way to change the INPUT on the HT receiver so it knows digital optical? I'm totally confused!

Comment

• mjames
      • Nov 2005

Fixed! I changed the input on the receiver to DIGITAL IN using the function button on the front of the receiver. Couldn't find out how on the remote, but whew.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"