X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPALIU
    • Jun 2006

RSX 1057 & Charter HD Cable Box 3500HD problem

I'm running into a problem with my Rotel RSX 1057 & Charter HD cable box (3500HD). I have the cable boxed hooked up to the RSX-1057 using component cables to Component in 2. When I select video 2, I get the cable signal just fine from the cable box. Howeve,r when I push the menu option on the receivers remote to go into the menu to change things, I can't seem to get into the menus. I just get a display on my screen that says "Mode not supported". I'm fairly certain this is a message that is coming from the TV's end and not the receiver or the cable box as the formatting looks similiar to other messages that the TV has displayed in the past.
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

I'm not at home with the remote....

but I think you click on the left most /on bottom row button that says AUD and then try to go into the menus.

I was having the problem you say trying to feed the signal through HDMI...but through component everything works fine just as the manual states...

It sounds to me that you're trying to use the remote while not in the receivers menus....

Hope this helps.
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• CPALIU
      • Jun 2006

I've already pressed the AUD button.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The 1057 doesn't support OSD over anything but 480i. When it tries to overlay the menu on top of 480p, 720p or 1080i is messes up the signal and your TV cuts off.

You need to set video2 to PROGRESSIVE in the menu. If you have an HD or progressive scan DVD player connected, also set that input to PROGRESSIVE. What this does it mutes the video when you access the menu and unmutes it when you're done.

I believe it's under DISPLAY or OTHER, but the manual should have a detailed description of where the setting is at.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

What kevin said lol.... I remember setting that now.

N
          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"