X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

question about cables

Let me start by saying that I'm not fully sure where this should go, so mods, move it if you need to.
    I have a projector that has RGBHV, S-vid, and HD-15 connections for video. I'm currently using the S-video input and I would like to upgrade it(the s-video in produces a slight shadow on image at big screen sizes, not noticable with HD-15). I would like to know if I could use a cable with an HD-15 connector for the projector on one side and a component video on the other end for the receiver.
    Here is a picture of what I have in mind(sorry for bad paint skills)
    link
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

KeithM,

Yes, that would fall under a speciality item category and price would depend on both length and quality.

Perhaps Lex the forum owner with Cat Cables, is better equipped to answer this question, or you may want to drop him a line.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I responded via PM and suggested to give it a try with the Parts Express cable he has in mind, it's cheap enough to try, maybe will work ok, if not they should return it ok. while this sort of connection is not my forte', I believe it should work ok. But I would not swear to it.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"