Can you give the order of Importance of cables In a good set up In 5 Channel??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Can you give the order of Importance of cables In a good set up In 5 Channel??

Having a 5 Channel set up with ofcourse Front speakers, rear speakers, center and Sub with Processor and Amp. seperate, and having a CD player and DVD palyer hooked all together.

Now the question is what would the order of importance to have good cables for this type of set up ??? Would it be:

1) processor to Amp. cables or 2) processor to DVD 3) processor to CD 4) speaker wires to all speakers, 5) Sub cable to processor, 6) DVD Audio 6 cables from DVD to Processor7) T.V. to processor cables etc..

If you have great cables from let us say Processor to CD ,but OK cables to run the DVD Audio ,or OK cables from let us say Processor to Amp. what would the outcome be??

Please give me the order of importance for this type of set up????
    Thanks,
    Chinets
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Chinets,

As you know Lex is Cat Cables and he can send some insight on this.

IMHO if I could imagine the AMP/DVD/CD/PREAMP/SAT as one large unit with all internal wiring thengoing out to the speakers another wire.

So to answer the question I would put interconnects as the most important 1st.

ALL equal between interconnects so no signal loss between source and amp. Short distances when ever possible. Good Quality when possible

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

For me it was order of use:

Pre to Amp is used by everything
      I watch a lot of DVD so Pre to DVD
      Listen to more and more CD's so Pre to CD
      Sometimes there is a good HD movie on cable with 5.1 surround sound, so for me, cable is last.

As for speakers, I am undecided. Im not trying to steal your thread, and this is probably not b&w related anyways, so it may get moved, but I may be moving my rack to the back of the room, which would mean I would remove my audiophile cables to my main speakers. I am unsure how much of a difference this is going to make but it is a painful decision because of the investment I have in my current cables.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Sikoniko,

Good guess - I'm moving this to the Home Theater forum area...

Geoff

Comment

• Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

When it comes to cables you have to decide on where to place the emphasis for the best transfer/s. Like for instant, if you are still using a Tape Deck in the mix, would you want to use the highest quality cables Cats can provide? IMHO the answer would be "No". However the consideration would be different for a transfer (i.e digital coaxial Cable) from DVD, CD player and Satelite to your receiver.
          CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

I put my best interconnects between my favorite source and preamp followed by preamp to amplifier. Next in line is LCR speaker cables. Auxilliary cables (satellite, etc) and surround ICs and speaker cable are last in line.

Two things drive this order: source used (HT vs. stereo) and putting the best performing cables where they get the most use.

Of course, it would be nice to be made of money and just get NBS Black Label everywhere!
            Danish

Comment

• Jeff
              • Dec 2004

I would make my first upgrade the connection between the amp and pre amp.

Depending upon your interest would be your next upgrade. Mine is the cd player to the pre amp as I enjoy 2 channel listening.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"