Receiver- Harman Kardon AVR 7200

Rotel RB-1080 (200x2)

DVD- Rotel RDV 1050
    CD - Rotel RCD 1072

B&W-DM 604 S3 (Towers)
    B&W-LCR 600 S3 (center)

Martin Logan Grotto (SUB)

Panasonic 50" LCD Rear Projection

Anyone have a suggestion for a great sub that's compatible with the 604's. I have a Martin Logan GROTTO 10". This is an awesome sub but is lacking a bit in the low end.

I listen to a lot of hard rock, some rap, and a bunch of classic rock. Most DVD’s I buy are at least 5.1 or DTS. And I listen to a bunch of DVD-AUDIO. And usualy play my CD's in 2.1.

I want tight sounding bass, but I also want that low end that makes your entire body rumble.

Not that I have to buy from my local Audiophile dealer but they are offering me a 100% credit toward a new sub. That's a $1000.00 credit. This is what they have to offer any suggestions?

ASW-300 - 8", 100W

ASW-600 - 10", 150W

ASW-650 - 12", 200W

ASW-675 - 10", 1000W

ASW-CM - 10", 1000W

ASW-700 - 10", Kevlar Pulp Cone

ASW-750 - 12", Kevlar Pulp Cone

ASW-800 - 12", 1000W

ASW-850 - 15", 1000W

Martin Logan - Dynamo

SS1 Long throw 10” woofer
    SS2 Two long throw 10” woofers
    SS4 Two long throw 15” woofers
    Smart Sub Integrator
    PX-02 Passive Subwoofer Crossover
    PX-05 Passive Subwoofer Crossover
    Last edited by Mike Gehring; 08 November 2005, 00:43 Tuesday. Reason: More information
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

The ASW 675 rocks!!! Fast low bass. Great value for the money. If you ever need more rumble just add another one for some real sick bottom end action. The 675's out sell the 650's five to one at our store. :T

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

The ASW 800 is a discontinued model. I just bought mine in Sept. for $1450 ($2200 retail). I am more than happy with it. It goes well with my Rotel spearates and B&W N804.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

I really like the Martin Logan subs. I would try a Descent. It's a nasty fast sub with kiler low extention.

Also if your really into music I would lok into Rel. Rel in my opnion is the very best muscial sub one can buy. I'd look into a Rel Storm III. Or if money is an Issue try looking at a Rel Strata III.

mantis

Comment

• hanser
          • May 2002

I have a MJAcoustic Ref1 and can recommend it for music and movies. It is like the RELs a musical Sub that sounds very precise and controlled. Plus you have 2 independent inputs, one for stereo music and one for HT which have independent lowpass filters and volumes. Because of this, it was for me the only way to go.

Comment

• bzrk
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
            I really like the Martin Logan subs. I would try a Descent. It's a nasty fast sub with kiler low extention.

Also if your really into music I would lok into Rel. Rel in my opnion is the very best muscial sub one can buy. I'd look into a Rel Storm III. Or if money is an Issue try looking at a Rel Strata III.

mantis

i recenlty bought a rel storm 5 for 1100 euro (about 1300 us dollar). Normally it is around 1600 (not sure?)euros. And i must say i admit with everything you say

Also won a whathifi award and some other prices.
            Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• Dmantis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jun 2004

In all my years I haven't found a sub that sounds better. They are crazy musical.I plan on owning a Strom III or 5 very soon.

mantis

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Mike,

I moved this thread as as while us Club Rotel people ae nice guys, there really isn't much Rotel specfic conection here - it is more "what's a good sub for my seteup"... You should get some additional inputs here...

Geoff

Comment

• Shane Martin
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Apr 2001

Geoff,
                  It's already being discussed in the BW Forum as well. This is really a duplicate.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"