X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Martin Logan Dynamo, Recommended?

I currently have KEF PSW-2500 subwoofer complementing B&W 704 and HTM7. I am looking for a new subwoofer. I'm considering Martin Logan Dynamo and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that sub. I'm not looking for a sub that shakes the whole house, but what I am looking for is a sub with tight bass. I'm also considering Martin Logan Grotto, but don't know if the servo control is really worth the extra money. Any feedbacks would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Grotto is good

the Maximus,

I currently own a ML Depth sub. This is the next step up from a Grotto. It's a very musical sub as well as solid with home theater. It is paired with B&W 804's and HTM1. I also had the chance to demo the ML Dynamo to this setup. I've also listened to the Dynamo and Grotto side by side. I believe the Dymano is a nice sub for the money, good output, pretty tight bass. However, the Grotto is servo controlled and has better power. Having listened to these sub's, I like the servo controlled sub's better. It was tighter and better defined, which I like. Also, the Grotto has an adjustable 25 Hz feature (+- 12dB). I like this because you can tailor the sub to your listening environment. If you can do it, to me the Grotto is worth the jump in price.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"