Video through Receiver or Straight connection?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Video through Receiver or Straight connection?

I was curious how people usually set up their systems. My receiver, currently a Denon 3802, has video in and outs, so I could run my DVD through it, then to my TV, as I could do with all other video components. Do most people run through the receiver, any and all connections, or do they make a straight, let's say, composite connection from DVD to TV and bypass the receiver? I know the receiver has some video converting properties, but if I have a nice DVD (Pioneer 47ai), would it benefit me at all to utilize the receiver? Thanks.
    Roly
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Personally, I like the direct approach. If the signal sent is of good quality from a great source I'd send it direct to display. Some people like to switch the source material (audio and video) without switching the tv inputs so routing the signal through the receiver eliminates that one step.

Pls. note that I do respect those Recvrs. that does great signal processing :T
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Jack Keck
      • Jan 2005

My Pioneer receiver has no component inputs/outputs, so if I wnt to use component inputs on th etv, I have to go directly from my DVD player to the tv. AFIC, it's one less thing to get in the way.
      Jack

"I walked in a lot of place that I never shoulda been, but I know that the Messiah, He will come again."

Roy Buchanan

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

The less connections you make the less likely the signal will be degraded. So direct to the TV is the best route IMO from a quality standpoint. Now most receivers do a pretty good job of switching and most even do upsampling from S-video to component etc. So from a convenience standpoint the receiver has the bennefit there. You have to decide what's most important to you
        Jason

Comment

• Rolyasm
          • Dec 2004

Thanks all. It sounds like since I don't care about the mess or convenience behind my setup, the direct approach is best.
          Roly

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"