X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

Subwoofer

I am looking into getting another speaker set, and I have my eyes on B&W 700 series. I was wondering has anyone heard or tried the B&W ASW 705 sub? HOw do B&W subs stack up to other brands?

Thanks

Juan Cortez
    Jason
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Having owned a B&W sub, I would say that until you get into the higher levels of their subs they are just O.K. For the money, you probably could find other subs that will perform as good if not better than some of their lower model subs. I am not familiar with the one you are interested in so hopefully others will chime in.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Juan Cortez
      • May 2003

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking of maybe going with the ASW 855 sub. For the price of both of the ASW 750's it equals the ASW 855. Would 1 ASW 855 be a much better option?

Thanks

Juan Cortez
      Jason

Comment

• beboram
        • Oct 2004

Unless you must have B&W - look into SVS subs.

Comment

• Juan Cortez
          • May 2003

Thanks for the reply beboram

I would go with SVS, but being that I live in Canada, I would have to pay boarder tax on it , so really I will end up spending more on it than the retail price.

Thanks again

Juan Cortez
          Jason

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
            • May 2004

Re: SVS subs

Since SVS is made in the U.S.A. and uses some Canadian parts, I would have thought that we wouldn't have to pay duty to get it shipped across the border (free trade agreement??).
            Does anybody know how much an SVS sub costs after adding the incidentals (brokerage fees, shipping... duty?). It's not knowing these things that keeps me from ordering one up and giving it a go.

Cracking!

Comment

• Patt
              • Feb 2005

Would the guy's at SVS know what it would cost, they are pretty friendly and easy to get in touch with.
              ......Pat

Comment

• Paul H
                • Feb 2004

SVS's website clearly indicates that the total shipping will be calculated for you prior to confirming the purchase. Just check to see that the shipping includes UPS's customs fees. There aren't any "border taxes".

If it was a smaller package it could be sent US Post with only a $5 customs charge.

Paul

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Paul H
                  SVS's website clearly indicates that the total shipping will be calculated for you prior to confirming the purchase. Just check to see that the shipping includes UPS's customs fees. There aren't any "border taxes".

If it was a smaller package it could be sent US Post with only a $5 customs charge.

Paul
                  What hes said :yesnod:

Also I seem to remember hearing talk of there being a Canadian distributor... though it could have been for HSU and not SVS (HSU is another VERY good choice for bang for the buck subs BTW )
                  Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

Hsu has a canadian distributor. SVS doesn't.

They have a newer HO series coming that I would look into.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Hey, how much for a ho?
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Shane Martin
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2001

$5 dolla no holla..

Last I read the HSU HO series was going to be around $1kish.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"