X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

HELP - RDV-995 / RSX-1055 Component Video

I lashed out today and brought home a 42" Plasma

Rearrange the room, new cables connected, etc etc and everything works fine except for using the RSX-1055 to switch component video from the RDV-995.

I can direct connect the RDV-995 to the Plasma and get the picture fine but whenever i try to put it through comp vid 1 / vid 2 and the comp vid out get no picture. Tried all combos of the cables, connections but nothing, nada, zip. The connection must be somehow working because the plasma senses it is a component connection but no signal (all black) when switching through the RSX-1055

I'm wondering if i somehow need to enable the component out through the RSX-1055 but it's 11:30 and I can't make sense of the manuals or the search function.

Thanks in advance,

Darren
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

Hi Darren,

Sure you can switch the DVD player via the 1055. I have my 2900 via vomponent connected to my plasma (and beamer).

The 995 is a non progressive player. So make sure your inputs are the right one on your plasma. Perhaps you need to switch off the progressive component output in the menu of the 1055 ?
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Thanks Eelco,

It works direct but i read the manual over and over last night and couldn't see anything saying that i can / can't switch progressive?

Frustrating but can see this becoming a weekend job very soon....

Darren

Comment

• lmib
        • Jul 2004

Hi Eelco,

I have an RSX 1055 too and I don't know, where I can switch the component output to progressive or no progressive. Is there a hidden menue, which has to be activated?

Cause my Component switiching works fine with the RDV 1050, a Loewe DVD Recorder and a Loewe Xelos SL 37 LCD, I have no problem, I only want to be sure to have my setting in my RSX 1055 correct.

When I had the settings in the Loewe not on automatic referring the component input, I got no picture, when it stands on no progressive.

Probably Darren has the same problem vice versa and he has to set his component input to no progressive or to automatic if this is possible on his Plasma.

Ciaó lmib
        lmib

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

The 1056 added On-screen-display settings for the component inputs. The 1055 was a straight switcher (which is why you can't find a menu).

You said you purchased new cables.. Have you checked to make sure they are all good? If you used the TV->1055 cable straight into the DVD and it works, replace the 1055->DVD cable to rule that out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Thanks Kevin - just about the only thing i didn't try last night. nothing worse than a new toy that refuses to co-operate....

Whilst I am at it - anyone have any idea on whether or not the RSX-1055 should be able to switch component inputs from a PS2. I have this spare cable see....

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

The 1055 will certainly pass anything the PS2 can throw out..

Kevin D.

Comment

• dmcgowan
                • Sep 2003

Hair pulling time once more...

Checked out the cables (thanks for tip Kevin!) but they are all ok. But it's still not working. I have DVD going through Video 2 / Component in 1 and the TV will show the DVD component "view" whenever the RSX-1055 is switched to any input other than the DVD player?????

I can't find any settings in the RSX-1055 menu and it has the same issue regardless of whether i use Component in 1 or 2? Obviously the DVD player and 1055 will pass component signals as e.g. when my cable box is selected on the 1055 i can see the dvd signal on the TV's component AV channel...

Any hints, ideas, suggestions? About to give up and just "go direct" but would prefer it to work?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"