X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • larry_c
    • Mar 2005

nad 773 problems, drop outs and noise

Hello,

I am having a problem with a new nad 773 receiver.

Every once in a while (anecdotally it seems to happen after 1 hour or so of viewing...not sure if it happens with "regular" cd's), the soundtrack gets interupted: The speakers sound with a white/pink noise, or metal like clanging, or the sound like what a shredding of metals in a high speed collision (pretty loud). After several seconds the normal sound track returns.

Otherwise the receiver sounds very nice. But this intermittent problem is of concern. It occurs both with dvd's and the satellite video feed.

What should I do? I just bought this thing a few days ago.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

larry c.
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

I would return it if you can't find a problem with the other gear you have that might be causing this problem. I'm not an expert so I don't know what might cause this except that the receiver might be faulty.
    When I first purchased my Rotel 1056 reciever a couple of months ago I noticed static popping noises coming from all speakers intermitantly. I checked everything trying to solve the problem. I finally returned it and it turned out to be a faulty transistor in the receiver. It was replaced the same day.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Larry, return it immediately. There's no reason to pay for a brand new receiver and then have to deal with issues like this. Get one that works properly - hopefully before this one damages your speakers.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"