X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoundMessage
    • Mar 2006

Which NAD Receiver?

I've decided on NAD for a home theatre system that I'm putting together. However, I'm not sure which to choose. I can probably afford to get anything up to a T763, but I'm wondering if I'd be perfectly happy with a T753 or even a T743. I'm going to pair it with the Tannoy Arena system, plus an additional TS10 subwoofer for dual subs in a space that's approx 22ft x 18ft.

Any thoughts?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Soundmessage,

Welcome to HTGuide :welcome: .

I have provided some URLs that may help:

NAD T743

NAD T753

NAD T763

It really depends on your needs.

Have you considered any other companies, i.e. Sherwood Newcastle, Outlaw, etc.?

Hope this helps good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
    Last edited by Azeke; 16 March 2006, 10:10 Thursday.

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

Great products for their price-points. I own a T742 myself but just be careful (maticulous) about the unit you choose to buy, NAD has been having alot of quality control problems lately (actually, it's been going on for a few years now). Hit me up with a pm and I'll give you the site where you can go see for yourself.

Comment

• SoundMessage
        • Mar 2006

Thanks for the welcome and the links. I decided to go with the T753. All indications seem to be that the T743 would probably be enough for what I need, so I figured I'd step up one notch from there and take the middle ground of my three choices.

My Tannoy Arena system in silver came in yesterday, and I'm VERY pleased with the overall look, feel, and apparent build quality on them. I got the system fully decked out with all the metal floor stands, etc. Now, I'm just looking forward to the T753 coming in so I have something to which to connect them!

Comment

• SoundMessage
          • Mar 2006

My T753 and Tannoy Arena speakers are most excellent. The T753 has been flawless, and provides excellent sound quality. The imaging of the dual concentric Arena system is also quite impressive, as is the overall "size" of the sound compared to the speakers. No regrets here, and I'd recommend both the NAD and the Tannoys to anyone.

Comment

• Alaric
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

I don't know your location , but I've heard NAD has a "British" sound , heard the same about Wharfedale speakers. Can you tell me if that is a legitimate perception (in your view) and , if so , what the heck it means? I have a NAD tuner I'm about to get fixed and was wondering if I should spend the money.
            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
            Schiit Modi 3
            Marantz CD5005
            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• H.T.C
              • Nov 2003

Wharfdale speakers are or is british and i dont about nad but i think they are designed in norway or dutch?
              Robert

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"