X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenjudas
    • Mar 2005

Rotel RTC-965 Processor V Marantz AV Receiver

Hi,a couple of months ago I finally bought the RMB1075 and have no regrets.I am using my Marantz SR4200 av receiver as my pre-amp.I am reasonably happy how it is at the moment but the underlying thought of a Rotel processor just keeps me drooling in anticipation.I have seen a Rotel RTC-965 for sale that is quite cheap.....So here are the questions;even though the Rotel is a bit older and doesnt have pro-logic2 or 5 ch stereo among other things,would it be better than my Marantz as a pre-amp? I'm mainly concerned for the music (cd) side of things because I think dvd will be a big improvement.Does anyone know of the RTC965 proceesor, if it would be an improvement or a step backward.I realise some might say just get a 1066 or something but we are talking a difference of $800AUS [$550-600]US.Would greatly appreciate any advice...Great site!!!!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hey Jude, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I can't help with the question, I just wanted to type that. :B If you don't get much action on this question in this forum, we can move it into Club Rotel and see if that generates some activity.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I wouldn't buy that rotel processor given its age. The marantz you have now isn't the be all and end all but for now its likely a better bet then the older Rotel....so I'd suggest keeping that and save up for one of the more modern Rotel's and keep an eye on the used market.

Comment

• greenjudas
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for your input Andrew.Interesting!! I really did think that a Rotel processor would improve sound quality over a budget av receiver even if the processor is roughly 2 yrs older.I was prepared to sacrifice a few surround modes thinking a stand alone processor would have to get the basics done very well.Regardless of extra surround modes etc,would the Rotel sound alot better?
        Also,is there much difference in sound between the RTC-965 and the 1066 ?Thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"