X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

Best HT hookup for two 2-ch power amps?

I have two, 2-ch power amps that I'm using for my fronts and center channel. That leaves me one channel that I have not been using. Lately I've thought to put it to use driving a second subwoofer (the sub already in use is self-powered).

I have the front L/R connected to one amp, and the center channel to the 2nd amp leaving the unused channel. Since the center channel and sub may well be the most demanding, do you think it is a big deal to run both these from the same amp, or would it be better to run say, the left front and center on one amp and the right front and sub on the other amp?

The amps are both Yamaha M-80's, if it matters towards the opinions.

Thanks,
    Todd
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

I would run the mains off one amp and the center and sub off the other. I don't see any problems there.

Neal

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"