X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sindhu
    • Feb 2005

Marrying Denon Components Contd..

Recently put a post on audio connection between Denon 3805 & 3910. Received some good response. The consensus was that the only fully functional connection was thru' 6wire analog (passes all signals including DVDA & SACD).

Now, correct me if I am wrong, analog out from 3910 would mean that we are using the DAC in the DVD player. Digital out would mean that we will use the processors in the 3805. My question is which has the better processors ? Denon link will not pass SACD but everything else digitally. Do you recommend the AVR to do the conversion or the DVD player ? Forgetting SACD for the time being.

Also what is the best connection for CD Music ?

Confusion eh ! :cry:

Sid
  • Chuck G
    • Feb 2003

Try both and see which you prefer. It really is that simple. You can connect both analog and digital to the same input (usually) and switch between the two to A/B the sound. You are correct that using analog inputs means you should be using the source as the decoder (some preamps/receivers could still do a D/A conversion though).
    Chuck

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"