X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

RDV 1060 vs the Denon 3910 and the 1092

I just made a mistake, I think. I sold my RDV 1060 and was thinking of getting a better DVD player. The timing may not be the best with the new formats not yet on the market.

I read a review on Hometheaterhifi.com and it lists about every player but the Rotel. The Denon 3910 was scored very high.

Has anyone compared the 1060 vs the 3910. Then the $1500.00 question is how this will compare to the new RDV 1092. I have one dealer telling me the 3910 is better and then one stating the 1092 is the best player under $5000.00. I loved the 1060 but was thinking of upgrading.

Your thoughts on the matter?
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Part of it may come down to if you want the player more for music or DVDs...

Additionally, a benefit of the Denon is that it handles SACD + DVD-A... Something that the HD DVD and BD players aren't currently supporting.

I also believe that you can use the 3910 as an SACD/DVD-A transport with firewire/hdmi, if your processor's DACs are better.

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

Do you use digital or analog audio output from the player? BTW you should try to search the forum, the Rotels and the Denons have been compared extensively.

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

For what it is worth, I just got off the phone with Shane at Rotel.

He noted that the rdv1092 is to begin shipping in the next 30-40 days. He has done an A/B test on the 1092 vs the 1072 and the 1060. The 1092 sounds better then the 1060 on the audio side. The video is WAY better.

When compared to the 1072 on the audio side he noted that the 1072 will have a slight edge. He thought that it would be very hard to tell the two apart but that the 1072 was just slightly more open. He related that this new 1092 player has the goal of the best of both worlds. The HDMI is first rate and is designed to compete aginst players at much higher costs.

The 1040 line conditioner is set to ship in June. Will be it the stores by mid June.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"