X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • larry_c
    • Mar 2005

denon 3910 to fujitsu plasma via HDMI?

Hello,

I am having unexpected problems. I connected a denon 3910 to a fujitsu plasma. I used hdmi from the 3910 to the fujitsu plasma and analog audio to the receiver (nad 773). The visuals do not show on the plasma. In the meantime I have used component connection (from 3910 to screen), instead, but I am operating under the assumption that the hdmi connection will be better looking?

Help and suggestions are much appreciated.

thanks,

larry_c
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Larry, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

The first thing that comes to mind is to check for a setting in the 3910 that activates the HDMI port. Secondly, check the Fujitsu for something similar.

I'm not sure if the HDMI will be a better looking picture. Someone with more knowledge on that aspect will have to hop in. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• larry_c
      • Mar 2005

Hi David,

Thank you for the response, I am very glad to have found this forum.

I will try to find those settings as you suggest. I was discouraged, and thought the components might not be able to communicate. Now I have renewed hope that there is a good solution.

To me, there are so many levels of menus, it can be confusing.

I also have laptop (XP) that I connected by using RGB connector to the plasma, and a mini-plug to RCA (Y connector). I mention this because, at first it did not work. But there is a setting in the control panel (a couple of menus down), that "clones" the display to the RGB port. Once this was set, the connections functioned, and the system performance was quite good.

This "clone" mechanism sounds to me similar to the setting that you referred me to.

Thanks very much,

larry_c

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Larry, the first thing that comes to mind is HDCP, copyright protection on DVI and HDMI. If you pass HDMI from a HDCP DVD player (which the Denon 3910 is) to a non-HDCP plasma (which I have no idea if yours is) you'll probably get all snow for a picture.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• larry_c
          • Mar 2005

fixed (but a little bad news too)

Hi,

Eureka it is fixed. David's suggestion was on point. There is an activation toggle on the front panel. It activates the HDMI port. I set it and it worked. The visuals seem to me better.

One unrelated problem however. As I was moving the monitor and reconnecting the HDMI, the s-video (used for the satellite input) cable fell out. There is a little plastic piece that is a conduit in the connector (I think it was in the monitor port, but it might have been at the end of the cable. I can't seem to connect the s-video, and don't want to force it. I put the plastic into the cable (it fits ok there), but can't reconnect the s-video.

What should I do? The monitor picture is fine, but the plastic piece falling out seems a cheap thing, and a nasty flaw. So, for now, I can't watch the view the satellite stuff. In my moment of victory, defeat snatched some of it (temporarily I hope).

Any ideas and comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,

larry_c

Comment

• drgolfnut
            • Jan 2005

I have the 2910 going through HDMI to my Pioneer plasma so I think the situations are similar. You will have to make appropriate changes through your OSD, however, you will not be able to do that while you have HDMI input. So hook up a component video or S-video and get the OSD configured to have HDMI activated.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"