X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carter
    • Oct 2004

Pioneer Elite DV45a doesn’t like my TV!

I have an odd problem that I need help solving. I have a Pioneer Elite DV45a. DVD’s and even the player menu seem to flicker and have lines going through it. The whiter the screen the easier it is to see. It looks really bad. I am using Transparent Cable’s High Performance S-Video cable that is in perfect condition. I have a Philips Magnavox 32” TV. About 6 years old. For testing reasons I am plugging directly into the TV. I have 2 other DVD players and both look perfect on the TV using the same S cable. I have also swapped S cables. Still looks bad. I went through the DV45a manual and tried all kinds of settings. Nothing helped. I am not getting the problem using composite (VGA) out. I then hooked the DV45a player to plasma and it looked awesome. Wish I had one. I also hooked it up to 2 other CRT TV’s and both looked great. It only looks bad on my TV. I have talked to 3 audio stores and they have no idea.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Carter
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You shot my idea out of the water when you hooked the player up to another TV and it worked fine. Were the other DVD players connected to your 32" through the same input?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Carter
      • Oct 2004

Yes. There were connected using the same cable and into the same S input on the TV. The TV only has 1 S input.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Is progressive enabled? Just throwing stuff out. Usually there is a switch on the unit itself.

Comment

• Carter
          • Oct 2004

Progressive is off. The player will not display a picture out the S if it is on. There is a button on the front of the player. It works fine on other CRT TV's w/o changing a single setting.

Last night I reset the player to the default settings and that did not help.

Thanks and keep trying.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Carter, I'd give Pioneer Customer Service a call at (800) 421-1404. That's a 24/7 number. For specialized assistance, it's good for the following hours:
            Mon – Fri 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM Pacific Time (customer service for all products and parts inquiries)

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Carter
              • Oct 2004

I called one of there lines and they said the unit might need to be looked at. They were not much help. I may call them again to get someone else. I had them send me a letter to get it serviced. I also sent them an e-mail with same content in this post.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"