X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drosophila
    • Dec 2004

Multichannel: Primare vs. Rotel vs. Parasound

Hi again, folks.

The multichannel amp research continues. Thus far, i'm narrowed to three choices:

Parasound Halo A-52
    Primare A30.5 (edit: I accidentally put A30.2 initially!)
    Rotel RMB-1075

I know a lot of people here have had good luck with their 1075. Any equally happy Parasound or Primare folks? Ideally, trying to find a good match to speakers that could use a little more bass detail, instrument and euphonic seperation, and sweetened top-end without being overly forward. Build quality and overall reliability are my biggest issues, though.

Have at it, guys.

- Erik
  • dixon
    • Jul 2004

Primare A30.2 is better than Rotel 1080 in sound quality and much powerful,even it's just 120 watts,but it's real high current,dual mono construction.Make a great pair with Sonus Faber GP.Rotel 1080 is a great amp and I don't know a better quality for the money.Rotel 1075 is great for surround,let's say good for 2 channel,but Rotel 1080 is far away better in 2 channel than 1075.Generaly speaking a 2 channel amp is better in stereo than a5 channel amp.Also speakers is important,B&W is a great match with Rotel.Just my opinion,
    dixon

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Not familiar with the Primare, but I know you'd be happy with either Rotel or Parasound. I've got the Parasound, myself.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"